Gnome is Where the Home Is Card by Rebecca Walton
Here’s another card featuring our Fairy Garden Peg Stamp Set. This is a very easy technique and allows you to add lots of bling to the card if that’s your thing.
Stamps Used in this Project
Inks Used in this Project
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Tangelo Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Grape Jelly Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Cottage Ivy Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Dandelion Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Danube Blue Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Love Letter Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Bamboo Leaves Ink – Mini
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Espresso Truffle Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Summer’s Sky Ink
Papers Used in this Project
- Card Stock – White – Neenah 110 lb
- Cover Stock – Natural White – Neenah 80 lb
- Scrap Paper
Supplies & Embellishments Used in this Project
Quick Instructions for this Project
- First, we will cut our card stock for stamping and our card base. Laying the white card stock horizontally on the trimmer, cut it at 5 1/2″. Now you have two, 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ pieces of card stock. Laying the card stock horizontally on the trimmer, cut it at 4 1/4″. Do the same to the other piece. Now you have four, A2 size (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) pieces for stamping. Okay, now for the card base, laying the off-white card stock horizontally on the trimmer, cut it at 5 1/2″. Place one of these horizontally on the Scor-pal and score down the middle (look for the asterisk). Do the same to the other piece. Now you have two, 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (A2) card bases!
- Now, we need to create masks for our gnome and mushrooms and for our stamping area. Stamp on the top of a sticky note three impressions each of the mushrooms and one of the gnome. Fussy cut these. Set aside. Cut a piece of computer paper or thin scrap paper to A2 size. Now, cut out the middle. Washi tape the top and bottom panel to your card stock, leaving the middle open.
Now stamp the Big Gnome in red in the center. Place a mask over him. Then stamp the Mini Mushroom group in purple placing masks over each one. Clean the stamp and apply mask to purple mushroom group as you stamp on top with the Mini Mushroom Group in orange and again in blue. Stamp the Mini Single Mushroom in red, applying masks as needed. Stamp the Mini Single Musroom again in blue. Now, stamp the Tiny Snail in brown on top of a Mini Single Mushroom. Fill in any white areas with the Mini Mushroom Group in yellow. Stamp the Tiny Filler Leaf in green, applying masks as needed.
- Using the blending brush, brush along the top border with light blue ink. Remove all masks. Remove stencil. Apply the “Gnome is Where the Heart Is” sentiment to the acrylic block and ink in red. Stamp in the lower right of the card. Dot glitter glue pen on your stamping area to give it a little “magic!” Apply glue to the back of the card stock and adhere to the card base.
Instructions are available here, via the Rubber Stamp Tapestry YouTube Channel.
I hope that you enjoy creating this card with me and I look forward to hearing from you and learning how your card turns out. Please tag your Rubber Stamp tapestry creations with #pegstamps and #rubberstamptapestry and we will share them 🙂 Until next time, happy stamping from all of us at Rubber Stamp Tapestry.