Live in Wonder Fairy Garden Card by Rebecca Walton
Hello friends! Let’s make this garden gnome, fairy garden card together. This is a very easy, one-layer card that features our new Fairy Garden Peg Stamp Set.
Inks Used in this Project
- VersaColor™ Violet Ink
- VersaColor™ Peony Ink
- VersaColor™ Cardinal Ink
- VersaColor™ Mountain Lake
- VersaColor™ Pinecone Ink
- VersaColor™ Lime Ink
- VersaColor™ Green Tea Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Dandelion Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Summer Sky Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Danube Blue Ink
- Memento™ Dew Drop™ Love Letter Ink
Papers Used in this Project
- Card Stock – Neenah White 110 lb
- Cover Stock – Neenah Natural White 80 lb
- Printer Paper – or Scrap Paper (thin)
Supplies & Embellishments Used in this Project
- Paper Trimmer – Fiskars 9″ SureCut
- Scor-Pal – 12″ x 12″ Eighths Measuring
- Post-it Notes
- Embossing/Cutting Machine – Big Shot
- Die – Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Ovals
- Tape – Washi
- EK® Cutter Bee Scissors
- Blending Brush
- MONO Multi Liquid Glue
- Aleene’s Tack-It Over & Over
- Stamp Mounts (for unmounted stamp)
Quick Instructions for this Project
- First, we will cut our card stock for stamping and our card base. Laying the white card stock horizontally on the trimmer, cut it at 5 1/2″. Now you have two, 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ pieces of card stock. Laying the card stock horizontally on the trimmer, cut it at 4 1/4″. Do the same to the other piece. Now you have four, A2 size (5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″) pieces for stamping. Okay, now for the card base, laying the off-white card stock horizontally on the trimmer, cut it at 5 1/2″. Place one of these horizontally on the Scor-pal and score down the middle (look for the asterisk). Do the same to the other piece. Now you have two, 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ (A2) card bases!
- Now, we need to create masks for our gnome and mushrooms and for our oval. Stamp on the top of a sticky note three impressions each of the mushrooms and one of the gnome. Fussy cut these. Set aside. Cut a piece of computer paper or thin scrap paper to A2 size. Now, center an oval die on this piece of paper and run through an embossing machine. Pop out the center. Set aside
Let’s get to stamping! Place the oval mask on top of your card stock and secure with washi tape. Stamp the Gnome Big Stamp in cardinal ink toward the center bottom of the oval. Cover him with his mask. Stamp the Mini Mushroom Group around the bottom of the oval, in various colors of violet, mountain lake, and orchid. Mask these as needed. Stamp the Mini Single Mushroom in love letter and Danube blue. Stamp the Tiny Snail in espresso truffle on top of one of your favorite mushrooms. Stamp the Tiny Leaf in bamboo leaves, stamping without re-inking for a lighter green.
- With the oval mask still in place, get your yellow and blue blending brushes and let’s complete this! Brush dandelion around the top of the oval, making sure to hold your mask tight against the card. Brush a little yellow close to your fairy garden at the bottom of the card. Now, brush on blue to completely fill the white area. Remember, if you have a lot of yellow and you add blue, you might end up with green, so keep an eye on this.
- Now, let’s remove the masks and discover the wonderfulness beneath! Take your “Live in Wonder” unmounted sentiment stamp and place it horizontally straight on an acrylic block. Ink it with love letter and stamp in the bottom right of the card.
- Apply glue to the back of the card and apply it to the card base. And that’s it!
Instructions are available here, via the Rubber Stamp Tapestry YouTube Channel.
I hope that you enjoy creating this card with me and I look forward to hearing from you and learning how your card turns out. Please tag your Rubber Stamp tapestry creations with #pegstamps and #rubberstamptapestry and we will share them 🙂 Until next time, happy stamping from all of us at Rubber Stamp Tapestry.