Gingerbread Wreath Friend Card
Who can resist cute little gingerbread men? This elegant card features elements of the holiday season – candy canes, holly boughs, gift boxes, and crispy cookies!
Inks Used in this Project
Papers Used in this Project
- Burgundy Card Stock
- White Card Stock
- Sage Card Stock
Supplies & Embellishments Used in this Project
Quick Instructions for this Project
- First, let’s cut our card stock. Cut a piece of burgundy card stock to 8 1/2″ tall by 5 1/2″ wide, score in the middle and fold. This will be your card base. Cut a piece of sage card stock to 5″ tall by 4″ wide. Cut a piece of white card stock to 5″ tall by 4″ wide.
- Lets create our card base. Run the sage card stock through embossing machine using your favorite embossing folder. Brush edges with umber ink. Set aside to be glued to burgundy card base later.
- Now, lets work with our white card stock. Run the white card stock through embossing machine with oval die. Pop out oval and set aside. Cut remaining white card stock into octagon that will fit the front of your card with at least a 1/8 margin. Stamp all over with Tiny Holly Bough in sage ink. Brush umber ink on inside of oval of the octagon and edge outside with gold paint pen.
- On the white oval we’re going to stamp a wreath. Stamp the Mini Gingerbread in pinecone ink at approximately the twelve o’clock, three o’clock, six o’clock, and nine o’clock points on the oval. Once you make the first impression at any one of these points, immediately stamp again without re-inking to give a variation in color. You’ll want to rotate your stamp a bit each time you stamp, but keep gingerbread man upright. Stamp Mini Candy Cane in burgundy the same way you did the first stamp, but it will go in between the gingerbread man and be sure to make a second impression without re-inking. Follow with Tiny Gingerbread Man in pinecone, Tiny Gift Box in cardinal, Tiny Holly Bough in green tea, and Tiny Vine in gold ink.
- Using scrap papers, stamp “Friend” on a piece of white card stock in pinecone ink. Glue to a piece of scrap burgundy card stock and fussy cut leaving a red border around the sentiment. Now glue this to a scrap piece of sage card stock and fussy cut again. Apply small piece of 3-d tape to back.
- Now, let’s assemble the card! Glue octagon to sage card stock. Glue Oval to inside of octagon. Peel tape and adhere sentiment to center of oval. Wrap a piece of ribbon around card front and tie in the front. Glue sage front to burgundy card base. And that’s it!
I hope that you enjoy creating this card and I look forward to hearing from you and learning how your card turns out. Until next time, happy stamping from all of us at Rubber Stamp Tapestry.