African Safari Snapshot Card
Create your own African Safari snapshots with peg stamps! Whether it is a flock of ostriches, a herd of elephants, or a crash of rhinos, it’s up to you. Grab your supplies, let’s start scenic stamping.
Stamps Used in this Project
Inks Used in this Project
Papers Used in this Project
- White Card Stock
- Gray Card Stock
- Green Card Stock
- Kraft Card Stock
Supplies & Embellishments Used in this Project
Quick Instructions for this Project
- Let’s start with cutting all our papers. We will make three panels out of white card stock – 2 pieces, 1 7/16″ tall by 2 1/2″ wide and one that is 1 5/16″ tall by 2 1/2″ wide. Cut a piece of gray card stock to 4 13/16″ tall by 3 9/16″ wide. Cut a piece of green card stock to 5 3/16″ tall by 4″ wide. Cut a piece of kraft paper to 8 1/2″ tall by 5 1/4″ wide. Score at 4 1/4″ and fold.
We will create scenes first with the 2 white card stock panels that are the same size. Stamp the Mini Rhinoceros in atlantic in the center of the rectangle. Create a mask by stamping the Mini Rhinoceros again on the sticky part of a post it note and cut out the rhino. Place the mask on the rhino.
- Mask the entire card about 1/2 way down the rhino with a Post-it Note to create the land and sky. Brush on Sky Blue and Bahama Blue ink, with a little bit of Lulu Lavender. After the ink has dried, remove the mask and place it over the sky you just created. Brush on New Sprout ink. Create a shadow of the rhino with a green watercolor pencil and waterbrush. Fill in the rhino with a gray watercolor pencil.
- Stamp three Mini African Elephants in a row. On the sticky part of a Post-it Note, stamp three elephants and cut out to create masks. Apply masks. Place a Post-it Note to cover the upper portion just above the elephants. Brush on New Sprout ink then remove masks from elephants. Fill in any areas around the elephants with a green watercolor pencil. Reposition the Post-it Note over the grass area to allow the sky to be created. Brush on Summer Sky ink.
- On the smaller panel stamp three Mini Ostrich. On the sticky part of a Post-it Note, stamp three ostriches and cut out to create masks. Apply masks. Apply a Post-it Note about 1/3 down from the top to mask for creating the grass. Brush with New Sprout and Desert Sand inks. Create grass with a green watercolor pencil and waterbrush, brushing upward. Remove mask and add a bit of grass blades at the top of the grass area to make it more realistic. Remove masks from Ostriches. Flip mask to cover grass area and brush the sky with summer sky.
- Brush edges of all panels with Gray Flannel ink. Glue the three white panels in the center of the gray card stock, spacing them evenly. Apply strips of washi tape to both sides.
- Glue the gray card stock to the green card stock, and the green card stock to the kraft card base. And you’re done!
I hope that you enjoy creating this card and I look forward to hearing from you and learning how your card turns out. Until next time, happy stamping from all of us at Rubber Stamp Tapestry.