Plant Kindness Card
A lovely, fresh card just perfect for springtime giving.
Inks Used in this Project
Papers Used in this Project
- White Card Stock
- Green Card Stock
Supplies & Embellishments Used in this Project
- Paper Trimmer
- Lattice Die
- Adhesive Pearls
- Ribbon – Brown and Cream Satin
- Embossing Powder – Black
- Rock-a-Blocks Acrylic Mounting Block
- EK® Cutter Bee Scissors
- Watercolor Pencil – Pink
- Wendy Vecchi Embossing Powder – Watering Can
- Tim Holtz Waterbrush – Detailer Tip
- Thistle Stickles Glitter Glue
- Stickles™ Glitter Glue – Lime Green
- Tombow Multi Liquid Glue
Quick Instructions for this Project
- Cut a piece of white card stock to 4 ¼” tall by 5 1/2″ wide.
- Out of another piece of white card stock cut the lattice die.
- Apply cornstarch with an embossing buddy or similar tool to the lower section of the white card stock. Stamp the “plant kindness” stamp in VersaMark. Sprinkle on embossing powder, tap off, and heat to emboss.
- Stamp the Mini Triple Flower in VersaMark across the card, making sure to overlap the flowers a bit. This will ensure that when you fussy cut the flowers they will cut seamlessly. Sprinkle with embossing powder, tap off excess, and heat to emboss. Fussy cut the flowers along the lower petals.
- Stamp the Tiny Ivy Leaf in new sprout, the Mini Solid Vine in pistachio, the Tiny Branch in rich cocoa, and Tiny Dragonfly in rich cocoa.
- With a pink watercolor pencil, color in the flowers, making them a bit darker near the center. Using a water brush, spread the pigment from the center throughout the petal.
- Glue the lattice piece to the top of the card base. Apply pearls.
Slip a piece of green card stock under the stamped area and glue. With a paper trimmer, trim any excess green card stock so that the card sides match.
I hope that you enjoy creating this card and I look forward to hearing from you and learning how your card turns out. Until next time, happy stamping from all of us at Rubber Stamp Tapestry.