Love Blooms Forever Card
This card features our Antique Rose Peg Stamp Set. I chose traditional colors for the roses, but I could see bright, vibrant non-traditional colors for this card as well. I created depth with the use of dry embossing, dimensionals, glitter glue, satin ribbon, and gold ink.
Stamps Used in this Project
Inks Used in this Project
Papers Used in this Project
- White Card Stock
- Cream Card Stock
- Kraft Card Stock
Supplies & Embellishments Used in this Project
Quick Instructions for this Project
- Cut a piece of white card stock to 4 ¼” tall by 5 1/2″ wide.
- Place a piece of cream card stock in the embossing folder and dry emboss. Using a paper trimmer cut around the edge of the embossing. Place a piece of kraft paper in the embossing folder and dry emboss. Rub the Dew Drop Galaxy Gold ink in one direction down the kraft paper and let dry. Cut this piece to 2-14/16″ wide and 4″.
- Dry fit and then glue the kraft piece onto the cream piece. I matched the woodgrain in each. Glue theses pieces to the white card base.
- On a piece of white card stock, rub with a corn starch filled cloth bag or use an embossing buddy. Stamp the Wrought Iron Planter in black ink onto a piece of white card stock. Sprinkle with black embossing powder and heat emboss. Color with Tombow #990, making the inner diamonds darker by reapplying marker.
- Create a mask of the planter and place it on top of the embossed planter. Stamp the Antique Rose Peg Stamp Set. The Mini Rose is stamped in cardinal, petal pink, and pink. The Mini Fern is stamped in olive. The Tiny Flowers are stamped in burgundy. The Mini Butterfly and Tiny Branch are both stamped in black. Fussy cut.
- Stamp several Mini Roses and Mini Ferns on a piece of white card stock. Fussy cut and add dimensional tape. Stick to top of planter.
- Add silver glitter glue to flowers and black glitter glue to butterfly. Add dimensional tape to planter and adhere to card.
- Using satin ribbon, tie a bow. To do this I followed instructions on using a fork to tie a miniature bow. You can find the instructions online. Adhere the ribbon to the inside of the card with glue.
- Cut a piece of white card stock to 4 1/4″ wide and 5 1/2″ tall and glue to inside of card to cover ribbon.
Prepare a piece of cream card stock by rubbing with a corn starch filled bag, or embossing buddy. Stamp the “Love Blooms” unmounted stamp in black ink, add black embossing powder, and heat emboss. Fussy cut and add 3-d tape. Stamp the Mini “Forever” in black ink, add black embossing powder, and heat emboss. Fussy cut and add 3-d tape. Apply both to the card.
I hope that you enjoy creating this card and I look forward to hearing from you and learning how your card turns out. Until next time, happy stamping from all of us at Rubber Stamp Tapestry.