Moonlit Bunny Thinking of You Card
I was looking around on Pinterest one day and ran across this beautiful work of art and it inspired me to create the card I have for you today. This is a very easy card and I’d love to see your take on it. I decided to keep it simple and work from only one main set, but I could see throwing in various foliage stamps to create a look more similar to the artist’s work.
Stamps Used in this Project
Inks Used in this Project
Papers Used in this Project
- Purple Card Stock
- White Card Stock
Supplies & Embellishments Used in this Project
Quick Instructions for this Project
- Cut a piece of white card stock to 4 ¼” tall by 5 1/2″ wide.
- Cut a piece of purple card stock, which will become the card base, to 8 ½” tall by 5 ½” wide, score, and fold.
- First, you’ll need to create several masks from Post-it Notes. One of the bunny, one of a circle for your moon and then a reverse moon mask.
- Stamp the Victorian Bunny in pinecone ink. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder. This will make the pinecone ink pop and allow a lighter cover of marker later.
- Apply mask over bunny and place circle over bunny mask.
- Stamp the Petite Poppies Peg Stamp set flowers in violet, orchid, cyan, lavender, opera pink, and narcissus. Stamp the Mini Leaf in green tea, the Tiny Leaf in olive, and the Tiny Berry Branch in pinecone.
- With a blending brush, lightly brush any white between the flowers and leaves in pear tart ink.
- Using a blending brush, brush in cantaloupe around the edge of the moon mask. Then brush on grape jelly. Then brush on lilac posies.
- Remove the moon mask, but keep the bunny mask in place. Now line up the reverse moon mask, hold it and the bunny mask in place while you brush the moon in dandelion.
- Remove all masks.
- Stamp the Leaping Bunny in black and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Using a marker, fill in the bunny. I used a Tombow #990 Duel Tip Marker.
- Apply lavender and thistle glitter glue to sky and black diamond glitter glue to flower centers. Let dry.
- Fill in bunny’s belly, hands, and feet and around black center of flowers with white glaze pen.
- Using a paper trimmer, take 1/16” of the stamped image on all 4 sides.
- Wrap and secure a ribbon around the bottom of the stamped paper, then glue the stamped paper onto the purple card base.
- Stamp a light lavender piece of paper and die cut sentiment. Glue to top of ribbon.
I hope that you enjoy creating this card and I look forward to hearing from you and learning how your card turns out. Until next time, happy stamping from all of us at Rubber Stamp Tapestry.