Eden L’ Shanah Tovah Card
It’s the beginning of the Jewish New Year and this set was designed specifically for the fall Holy Days.
Stamps Used in this Project
- Eden Peg Stamp Set (retired)
Inks Used in this Project
Papers Used in this Project
- Brown Card Stock
- White Card Stock
Supplies & Embellishments Used in this Project
Quick Instructions for this Project
- Cut brown card stock to 5 1/2″ wide by 8 1/2″ tall, score in the middle and fold.
- Cut the white card stock using the second to largest scalloped die. Put the smallest die in the center and cut a hole.
- Stamp the peg stamp set following package instructions. Fill in any white areas between stamping with a light green #714 watercolor pencil, then use waterbrush to spread color.
- Print sentiment on white computer paper. Place a piece of vellum, cut to the appropriate size (mine is 3 1/4″ wide by 1 1/4″ tall finished) over sentiment and trace with watermark marker. Emboss with black embossing powder. Stamp Olive Branch Mini Peg Stamp in white ink and Palm Frond Mini Peg Stamp in gold ink on vellum. Round corners with punch.
- Dry fit wreath and sentiment vellum, then glue vellum to card by adding a small dot of glue in all the areas where there’s gold ink. This will keep the glue from showing through the vellum.
- Place “donut” on card front, open card (very important), and place smallest die in the center, lining it up with the shape that’s already there. Run through Big Shot, or similar machine to put a hole in the card and really press the glue and vellum together. Lining up holes, glue wreath to card base.
- Glue a piece of vellum to inside of card to cover hole.
- Edge card with gold paint pen.
L’ Shanah Tovah – Happy New Year! I hope that you enjoy this Rosh Hashanah card! Show us your artwork – be sure to post it in the Rubber Stamp Tapestry Facebook Community.