Stars & Stripes Forever Card
With Memorial Day and Fourth of July right around the corner, I wanted to have a bit of fun with our new Stars and Stripes Forever Peg Stamp Set. This card makes a great invitation to a backyard bbq, thank you card for a veteran or military personnel. This card is fun and easy to make and I hope you enjoy it.
Stamps Used in this Project
Inks Used in this Project
Papers Used in this Project
- Red Card Stock
- White Card Stock
- Blue Card Stock
Supplies & Embellishments Used in this Project
- Heart Stencil or 3 Concentric Heart Dies
- Adhesive Crystals
- Embossing Folder
- Tombow Mono Multi Glue
Quick Instructions for this Project
- Create an A2 card base (5 1/2″ tall and 8 1/2″ wide) with blue card stock. Emboss and fold to 5 1/2″ tall and 4 1/4″ wide.
- Cut a heart shape out of red, white (one larger and one smaller), and blue card stock.
- Stamp the smaller white heart following the instructions included with the peg stamp set.
- Layer the hearts, glueing them to one another starting with the largest red heart, then a white heart, then a blue, and ending in the small white stamped heart on top.
- Cut many 1/4″ strips of white and red card stock and weave them together. Trace a heart on top of the woven paper and gently cut around the tracing. Glue any pieces together to keep them from coming unwoven.
- Position and glue the woven heart onto the blue card stock.
- Position the stamped heart on top of the woven heart and mark the point where upper heart completely covers the woven heart.
- Lay down a bead of glue around the edge of the woven heart ending at the marks you just made. Carefully run the ribbon around the woven heart, flipping to the back at the point of the heart, to maintain a somewhat pointed end.
- Glue the stamped heart on top of the woven heart, matching at the ends of the ribbon.
Attach the adhesive crystals, and you’re done!
I hope you enjoy making this easy, colorful, and patriotic card!